Mohan Rao Kinnera. Excutive Director
President and Exe.Director for SAVEGE since1995 and till date.
Working as Prakasam District Convener for Child Rights Advocacy Foundation, Vijayawada – Since 2006 to till date.
Working as District Convener, People’s Monitoring Committee (PMC) since 2013 to till date.
Appointed as Para Legal Volunteer, AP State Legal Service Authority, Markapur, Prakasham since 17-3-2017 to till the date.
SOCIETY ON ACTION VILLAGE EDUCATION GUIDING ENVIRONMENT (SAVEGE)
SAVEGE is a non- political, non- profit making, secular, civil society Organization that works largely with local communities on initiatives linked to their Social Empowerment and Livelihood support. The organization is known for its tangible interventions tenaciously induced to cause holistic empowerment of the excluded sections of the society, in the areas of Education, health, Resource Conservation, Gender justice, Youth participation and women empowerment.
SAVEGE has initiated its activities in the year 1995 in Prakasam District of Andhra Pradesh and till-to- date its diverse development activities have reached to more than 9000 families covering around 33 villages in the district. The Target area is terror ruined, Tsunami battered and draught hit region with widespread signs of acute poverty, disease and deprivation. Reaching close to decade and half of civic intervention, it has achieved significant milestones in different programs. It enjoys good rapport with the Community, Government Departments, Networking NGOs, National and other donors.
The activities of the institute would include conducting of awareness/demonstration on various aspects of technology related to the life cycle needs of rural households, networking with other Science and Technology Institutions both National and International, Universities and other Centre of Excellence. The institute aimed to service the needs of the agriculture sector through creation of a virtual resource network and access to easy networking and linkage with other institutions and bodies working in the sector of rural.
We strive for excellence, we believe in character, competence, commitment, dedication and creativity. We work as team. We value and respect each other. We believe in accountability, transparency and practice them.
SAVEGE aspires a society where each and every person has equal rights and opportunities for maximizing their human potential irrespective of caste, creed, religion and gender and live with dignity and self esteem.
Our mission is to create an empowered and equitable society that enables the less privileged to live with dignity and self esteem and equally accessible to resources and opportunities without any discrimination at any level in any form.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- To promote social, cultural and economic programmes for the benefit of the members of the society.
- To promote education of all nature form primary stage to adult stage including health education, cultural education, technical education, enable the members of the society for the purpose of education ment for.
- To promote rural development projects that enriches the members of the society irrespective of caste and creed to bring them above poverty line through socio economic development projects for the rural innocent, illiterate poor.
- To promote programmes for the health needs of the rural poor and most deserving through basic education and needy training to enlighten the members of the society and the society they can plan to serve.
- To promote programmes for the orphans, old age, dumb, duff, blind and for those physically disabled ones suffering from cures of the society prohibition due to ignorance and innocence and bring them under one roof to provide shelter and needy hospitality.
- To promote the programmes planned from time to time to meet the needs of the members of the society and as well as to the neighbors suffering and in needs or service to be extended by this society deems fit and proper for the needy of humanitarian groups
THEMATIC AREA OF INTERVENTION
- Children Education
- Health and safe drinking water support
- Employment generation and skill development
- Sustainable Agriculture and productivity enhancement
- Livestock Development and Management
- Health and Wellness
- Watershed Development/ Natural Resource Management
- Climate change and biodiversity conservation
- Institution Building, strengthening and capacity building of local leaders
- Mobilization of the community and collective efforts through people’s organizations and its federations at different levels.
- Participatory planning process.
- In-built mechanism for achieving sustainability
- Collective appraisal and analysis of the problems through baseline survey, PRA exercises and analysis of issues to find the structural causes.
- Use of Project Cycle Management systems for further planning and effective implementation.